A Trip To The Horse Farm

For the last year or more I've been looking for a farm of some sort for myself and 5 children to do some volunteer work at just for the experience for the children. It's kinda hard to find a place willing to let me bring my youngest child along but this week I finally found a place that was ok with it.
 An aquaintance of ours has a horse farm where they raise and sell horses and they said we could come out to their place Saurday (yesterday) and help clean up along the fence rows.
 I was excited and the children were absolutely ecstatic about it!
As it turned out we had a much different day than I expected.
 When we got there Mrs. K took my son on the 4-wheeler to let the chickens out of the hen house and gather eggs. Then they took us to the pond to show us the swan they have.
I'd actually never seen a live swan so that was a first for me also.





Then we all piled into a truck and they took us on a tour of the property. We fed the horses "horse cookies" learned about the different breeds, the history of the horses, the names and why they were named each name.
 After we had visited all the horses we rode around and learned about the many different kinds of ducks and geese they have.
This is the only picture of the geese I took but I think they said these are Chinese Geese.

After our highly informative tour we went back to the pond and had a picnic on the dock while we watched the swan.



After our lunch we headed out to feed the filly....


...then out to one of the fields to clear it of branches before haying time.
 It was a really good day for everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts